ECT Recruitment Offer
At the Learning in Harmony Trust, we live and breathe our values and focus on doing things the right way, providing the perfect environment for our children and staff to flourish and succeed. Our diverse range of schools and locations offers a unique opportunity for professionals looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a supportive, creative and forward-thinking environment.
Details of our ECT programme can be found below, if you need more information regarding our offer, please feel free to contact us by email for an informal chat with our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to find our Vacancies
- Make sure you are first on the list to be notified as any vacancies arise by joining our Talent Pool to receive job alerts when new vacancies are posted.
- Vacancies will be posted on our careers portal learninginharmony.careers.
What being a Learning in Harmony Trust ECT can offer you:
- Learning in Harmony Trust ECTs are given an early start, usually for three weeks in July, this means you are paid from this early start and through the summer as you prepare to begin your new role.
- During this early start, you will have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with your new school and colleagues as well as attending an induction event with all ECTs in the Trust in July.
- You will be provided with a trained mentor and Induction Tutor to support you and to fast-track your progress to becoming an excellent teacher by the end of the two-year ECT Induction period.
- You will participate in weekly (Year 1) or fortnightly (Year 2) coaching sessions with your mentor to help develop your practice.
My first year teaching has been amazing and a huge factor has been my mentor. My mentor is incredibly supportive and our weekly meet up sessions have given me the guidance to be the best I can be. My mentor is extremely approachable and I feel comfortable to ask her any questions as no question is a ‘silly’ question.
ECT@ Blenheim Primary School.
- You will have opportunities to develop practice, work collaboratively and build relationships with ECTs in other Learning in Harmony Trust Schools.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in an ECT residential event at The Eden Project in Cornwall.
- To support your wellbeing, you will have access to our well-being hub which includes Perkbox (a wide-ranging discount platform) and Perkbox Medical (staff medical care and well-being cover)
"Before attending I felt apprehensive about starting in September. After two informative, interactive and fun days of socialising at our induction event, I feel like I know more about what to expect and who to go to if and when I need support. I had the opportunity to discuss things from work-life balance to pedagogy with other Early Careers Teachers. This was an amazing experience and I feel like I really benefited from this. Most importantly, I enjoyed it."
What our ECTs say about us:
The Blenheim community is a positive environment to work in and they value staff well-being. As an ECT, I feel supported each day and I am learning continuously. At Blenheim, each member of staff cares for each child and it has been amazing to see pupils be inspired by their teachers. The Blenheim community wants each child to develop their confidence to face new challenges and strive to be the best version of themselves. This is something I have learned and strive to achieve every day.
From my first day at Drew Primary School, I was immediately welcomed and felt part of Team Drew. My tutor and the rest of the staff members, especially my mentor, have been very supportive and encouraging. I have developed my practice working through steplab and setting targets with my mentor through instructional coaching. Drew Primary has set me up to be a successful teacher for the long term.